Keep the Lights on During Power Outages
During a power outage, many people get by with the use of flashlights and candles, but when extreme weather causes extended power outages, an emergency backup generator can be a most worthwhile investment. Emergency backup generators come in a variety of sizes and accordingly can handle different demands:
- Portable generators can be used to charge cell phones, provide some lighting, perhaps run a refrigerator for a few hours a day and perhaps run a couple of fans.
- Portable generators usually runs on gasoline. This results in exhaust and fumes that can be dangerous. Do not run a portable generator inside a garage or closed-in location. Inhaling the exhaust from a distance could cause serious health problems.
- Whole house generators can run the air conditioner, keep the lights working, and operate electrical appliances such as refrigerators.
- Whole house generators will start automatically if the power is lost for any reason.
- Whole house generators can run on natural gas if that is being used in your home.
- Whole house generators can also run on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) if natural gas is not available.
- Whole house generators cannot be installed the day before a storm makes landfall. Selecting a generator that is going to supply power to the entire house, or at least a major portion of it, requires careful consideration and advance planning.
The most important thing when using a generator is safety
- Make sure you read the directions provided.
- Make sure you understand how much power the generator can supply.
- Make sure you understand how many of the necessities can be used at the same time.
Seek advice from reputable dealers
It is best to purchase a generator from a distributor that specializes in generators like Cannondale Generators. We help to make sure the proper size generator is being purchased, you understand how it operates, the fueling process, and the safety concerns. Cannondale Generators provides a whole line of generators to meet almost any need.
Located in Wilton, CT, Cannondale Generators sells, installs and services a complete line of generators and can help you make the right decision.
Cannondale Generators – Power when you need it
Our hurricane safety tips can help you prepare against the dangers of a hurricane watch or warning. Call today 203-762-2608 and ask us how we can help you keep the lights on.